Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Recent Haul: Essie Nail Polish!

So recently i came to have the  knowledge that we were able to purchase Essie nail polish from Cosmetics Fragrance Direct which, if you live in Melbourne will be able to find in all our DFO stores, Spencer Street and Uni Hill Factory Outlet in Bundoora. Usually Essie nail polish retails for about $18-19 in department stores such as Myer however in CFD they are selling for $6!! and $5 for the mini holiday collections, wow!  Although yes, the colours are very limited and probably old or excess stock but hey, colours are colours and if you like them then "last season" becomes irrelevant right? I ended up picking out some pastel colours that i had planned to get into and also the 2011 resort collection because unfortunately that's the only one they sold in the store i went to.

Overview of all the polishes i purchased :D


The Resort Collection



L-R: Da Bush, Fair Game, Your Hut or Mine, Lion Around  


It was so hard to control myself but i managed to settle on these 4 singles

L-R: Lady Like & Smooth Sailing





L-R: Spaghetti Strap & Bangle Jangle 


Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
I was also surprised to see they stocked the Seche Vite topcoat so I just grabbed one too while on the way to the counter.


There were a lot more shades that I was tempted to buy but I really had to limit myself as I'm not much of a nail person and it'll probably take me awhile to even try out just this much at least once each so we'll see how it goes.
I haven't had a chance to try out the nail polishes hence I have no swatches but if you guys would like to see swatches or any particular colour, let me know and i'll endeavour to do a post for you :)

x




10 comments:

  1. Oooh how exciting! I probably would've gone a little bonkers if I saw Essie polishes for $5-6 too! :) Beautiful shades. Really want to try Seche Vite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, it's really hard to not want to grab one of everything especially when you know they're selling for $18 in department stores but these will keep me going for awhile!

      Delete
  2. I was so excited when i discovered this place!!! I ended up getting 8 essie and 2 of the gift packs! such a bargain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! you can get 3 nail polishes for the price you pay for 1 in Myer! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought my Resort Collection from CFD as well!! I always wanted Essie and the prices at Myer always made me think twice. When I saw the collection for $5, I KNEW I had to get them!! =D

    Btw, how much was the Seche Vite top coat? I was gifted one and I really liked it!! I need backups!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here! i actually planned to get some from MYER initally before i knew they were soldat CFD however when i got to the stands and saw the price i just couldnt bring myself to it.. thank goodness for CFD lol

    The top coat was $12 which is a little on the expensive side i think, you can get them online for much cheaper on sites like beauty joint if you dont mind waiting for them to be shipped :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did not know this! i wil be stocking up and i LOVE seche vite! i am a hairdresser and its the only thing that stops my nail polish chipping! i am you're newest follower :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and yes i agree, i've been using the seche vite since i bought it and it makes such a big difference, the nail polish stays put for so long!

      Delete
  6. This is so amazing. Were there any other mini collections? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is another collection but i can't remember the name but at the store i went to they had sold out so i was only able to get this one. However there were lots of singles to choose from :)

      Delete